This offer has ended 12/15/2013
Link: Barclaycard Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard®
Typically the Barclaycard Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® carries a sign up bonus of 20,000 -30,000 miles, however Barclaycard is offering a limited time bonus offer on the card whereby you can earn a total of 50,000 award miles – 20,000 after the first spend or balance transfer plus an additional 30,000 miles with a $5000 spend within 90 days. This could be a hefty spend for some, but it is easily accomplished through any of the various manufactured spend techniques. There is a $79 annual fee for this card which is not waived for the first year.
The expiration date of this offer has now been updated to Sunday, December 15, 2013.
For those of you who are looking for a way to grab that First Class seat to Europe on a Lufthansa flight, this card would be a great option for obtaining miles in Lufthansa’s Miles and More loyalty program. With the sign up bonus and the required spend, you would be well on your way to earning the needed 85,000 miles for a one way First Class ticket to Europe on Lufthansa.
Miles and More Facts:
- Miles and More miles can also be used for one way redemptions on United Airlines within the United States as well as domestic round trip flights on US Airways. A domestic first class on United would cost you only 35,000 miles. (Award Chart)
- Miles & More is also the award program of Austrian and Swiss airlines.
- Miles and More miles can also be used on redemptions from Hawaii to New Zealand with a round trip cost of 40.000 miles in coach and 70,000 miles for a round trip business class ticket.
- As a member of Star Alliance, Miles and More miles can be used on any of the 27 partner airlines.
- Miles and More is a transfer partner of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program so if you wish, you can top up your mileage balance with a transfer from SPG (and receive a 5000 mile bonus for every 20,000 points transferred).
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- With 50,000 award miles you can redeem for a round-trip award flight to Hawaii, Europe or the Caribbean!
- Cardholders receive a Companion Ticket annually (sometimes difficult to use, but it can be done)
- Enjoy 2 award miles per $1 on Miles & More integrated airline ticket purchases and 1 award mile per $1 spent everywhere else
- No mileage expiration with monthly qualifying purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
So if you are looking for a way to round out your miles portfolio with some Lufthansa miles, the Barclaycard Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® may be the card for you. Remember to use your credit wisely, and, to borrow a phrase from the Frugal Travel Guy, remember that ‘Your credit is one of your most important assets!’
(Full Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which provide me with compensation if you’re approved for the card. I truly appreciate it if you do use my links and sincerely thank you for supporting this blog.)
M&M is also the frequent flyer program of LOT Polish Airlines, Brussels Airlines and Air Dolomiti. Thanks for this, I’ve been thinking about this card for a while.
Do you know if there is an annual fee this first year?
I believe, after reading the T&C’s, that the annual fee is not waived.
I’m definitely thinking of getting this card as well!
Actually, according to the T&C: the annual fee will be waived for Senator and HON Circle Members, as long as they maintain their Senator or HON Circle Member status.