Taking Bad Airport Food To A New Level

I’ve seen (and sadly, eaten) my fair share of bad food in airports over the years, but this “Caesar Salad” that reddit user BaroNessie claims to have purchased at JFK is impressively bad:

Image via reddit user BaroNessie

Image via reddit user BaroNessie

It’s getting a lot of attention on reddit – you can check out the full “discussion” here.

I happen to think that airport food has been getting a lot better over the past few years. Delta has a fantastic sounding new lineup of restaurants at JFK, and there plenty of other really good airports eats around the country. I’ve written about a few of them as well.

What’s the best (and worst) food you’ve ever had in an airport?

The following is an advertisement from First2Board

Have you read these posts yet?

14 comments for “Taking Bad Airport Food To A New Level

1. June 28, 2013 at 10:20 am

LOL wow. This is why I stick to buying pretzels and bananas at airports. Can’t go wrong :-D

2. Linda
    June 28, 2013 at 10:50 am

One Flew South in Terminal E in Atlanta has some of the best food, drink, and service anywhere. It would be worth traveling to get to even if it weren’t in an airport.

3. June 28, 2013 at 11:24 am

that’s not bad at all.. obviously it was from a fine dining establishment and would have no complaints on a fresh clean white plate when dining in. It just looks bad when it’s on a Styrofoam take out container lol

4. Miles, Points, and Mai Tais
    June 28, 2013 at 2:18 pm

I admit the presentation is lacking, but I would still probably eat that.

One of my favorite airport restaurants is LemonadeLA at LAX. It’s in the Delta terminal, and quite a walk from United, but always worth the trip. SFO has pretty good (although expensive) food too.

5. June 28, 2013 at 2:22 pm

i wouldn’t eat that! i don’t like Caesar though.

6. Giddy for Points
    June 28, 2013 at 5:29 pm

They were too lazy to even cut it up to make it an actual salad…hope they at least washed it!

7. June 28, 2013 at 7:11 pm

Wow…this should be considered a felony!

8. Will Run For Miles
    June 28, 2013 at 9:35 pm

Has anyone checked out the Health Code grade of this fine establishment? http://first2board.com/willrunformiles/2013/06/11/disgusting-health-code-violations-at-many-nyc-airport-lounges/

9. June 28, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Am I the only one who has been served a Caesar salad like the one in the picture?? I’ve only seen it at fine dining establishments

• June 28, 2013 at 10:18 pm

I’ve had salad at some nice restaurants that resembles the presentation in this picture – just without the sad parmesan cheese, and the sad croutons, and the overall sadness

• June 29, 2013 at 12:30 am

I would imagine the croutons were placed on top of the romaine lettuce, but just shifted when placed in a Styrofoam container and a plastic bag lol

10. Dot cahill
    July 10, 2013 at 11:17 am

I was in Denver C Terminal connecting via Delta and discovered at C-44 vinovolo a nice wine bar with great salads and small dishes along with a great selection of wines with suggested pairings nice spot for an airport. Try it. http://Www.vinovolo.com

• July 10, 2013 at 11:28 am

I just stopped at the Vino Volo in EWR, and have been to the one at SEA before as well. I’m a big fan!