Sights of the Streets of Istanbul

Today as seen in the streets of Istanbul, Turkey.

DSCN1071 DSCN1072 DSCN1073 DSCN1075 DSCN1076 DSCN1078 DSCN1080 DSCN1081 DSCN1082 DSCN1085DSCN1105 DSCN1104 DSCN1103 DSCN1102 DSCN1101 DSCN1100 DSCN1099 DSCN1098 DSCN1097 DSCN1096 DSCN1095 DSCN1094 DSCN1093 DSCN1092 DSCN1091 DSCN1090 DSCN1089 DSCN1088 DSCN1087 DSCN1086 DSCN1115

The following is an advertisement from First2Board

More TheMrPickles Posts You May Like

8 comments for “Sights of the Streets of Istanbul

1. Dennis
    October 27, 2013 at 6:57 PM

Make sure you eat at Diver! Look it up – you won’t regret it.

2. Will Run For Miles
    October 28, 2013 at 5:27 AM

Did you walk down the shopping street with all the weird mannequins? http://first2board.com/willrunformiles/2012/11/27/creepy-mannequins/

3. Devon
    October 29, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Was going to comment on earlier post about money orders but they were all closed. What do you tell your bank branch manager so they don’t think something fishy is going on? I feel like telling them “I move money around to earn points for travel” would be frowned upon by a branch manager

4. Erik
    October 29, 2013 at 10:35 AM

If you are still there, I recommend having dinner at the Sunset Grill and Bar, which is up high on the side of a cliff overlooking the second Bosphorus bridge. It is a little pricey but the food and view are worth it. Would make a memorable last night. See http://www.sunsetgrillbar.com/en. Ulus 29 is similar and located near Sunset, see http://www.group-29.com. Closer to the tourist area, there is a great seafood restaurant on the Asian side that is directly underneath the first Bosphorus bridge called Lacivert, see http://www.lacivertrestaurant.com/. There are also several good bars and restaurants in the Ortaköy area next to the first Bosphorus bridge on the European side. One more final recommendation – the Vogue restaurant in the Beşiktaş neighborhood has great food and views. See http://www.voguerestaurant.com. Make reservations for all these places with your concierge.

5. October 30, 2013 at 8:00 AM

These are some amazing photos. Recently I heard about some experiences from family members were went to Istanbul and it made me want to visit. My favourite photo are the ones inside the mosque. It is very beautiful. I’m used to seeing mosques that are buildings that have been converted. What was your favourite spot to visit?

6. Devon
    October 30, 2013 at 8:37 AM

Looking forward to hearing from you on my comment. Thanks

• October 30, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My bank manager is the same person who took a lot of my coin deposits from the US Mint. I have had a long relationship with that bank so they know me and have even used me to help make reward bookings. They know all about frequent flyer miles and have no problems taking the money orders. They even do not put holds on the money orders. Of course this is the same bank that I also do my business banking with all though I deposit the money orders in a persona account so there is never any crossover between the accounts. Good luck. And get to know your bank manager.

• Devon
        October 30, 2013 at 10:38 AM

Really appreciate it. Are they just frowned upon otherwise or could I get into actual trouble with my bank due to legalities(assuming I don’t talk to them first)? I’ve used same bank for 8 years but at the same time, I do everything online for most part. I still may talk to them.

Comments are closed.