Quark Expeditions is offering the opportunity for you to win a trip lasting 15 days for two people to Greenland.
All you have to do by noon Eastern Daylight Time on June 30, 2013 is the following:
- Watch the video — that is only one minute and 36 seconds of your time
- Answer three simple questions — I will even answer them for you:
- What is the name of the most active glacier in the world? Illulissat
- What is the Legend of the Northern Lights? The dead playing football
- How much of Greenland is covered in ice? 80%
- Then click the Enter Now button
See that? I just saved you one minute and 36 seconds of your time and simultaneously decreased my chances of winning!
The prize includes:
- Shipboard accommodation for two people, aboard Arctic Quest: Greenland to Churchill on the July 29, 2014 to August 13, 2014 expedition, in a twin cabin.
- One night pre-expedition hotel accommodation in Reykjavik, Iceland, and post-expedition hotel night in Toronto.
- All breakfasts, lunches and dinners on board throughout your voyage.
- All shore landings and Zodiac excursions per the daily program.
- A pair of waterproof expedition boots on loan for shore landings.
- A Quark Expeditions parka — yours to keep.
- Coffee, tea, cocoa and bottled water available around the clock.
- Hair dryer and bathrobe on loan for the duration of the voyage.
- Emergency Evacuation Assurance for all passengers with a maximum benefit of $100,000.00 per person.
- Group transfers from the hotel to the ship, and from the ship to the local airport on disembarkation — plus all baggage handling aboard ship.
- All miscellaneous service taxes and port charges throughout the program.
The prize does not include the following:
- Passport and visa expenses
- Airfare to Reykjavik, Iceland and return home from Ottawa, Canada
- Government arrival and departure taxes
- Any meals ashore with the exception of breakfast at the host hotel before embarkation
- Baggage, cancellation and medical travel insurance
- Excess baggage charges
- Laundry, bar, and other personal charges
- Telecommunication charges
- The customary gratuity at the end of the voyage for Hospitality Team members, ship’s crew and Expedition Team Members
- Airport transfers, with the exception of the group transfer from the ship to the airport on disembarkation day
- Hotel transfers with the exception of the group transfer from the hotel to the ship on embarkation day
- Any domestic taxes levied in the winner’s country of residence as a result of receiving the prize, estimated to be worth US$20,000.00
Other terms and conditions apply.
My point is that I have never been to Greenland — but if you have ever wanted to go, you should consider entering this contest even though your odds of winning the grand prize are elusive at best — but for mere seconds of your time, you really have nothing to lose.
What’s Your Point? Have you ever been to Greenland? If not, would you want to go one day? If so, what was your experience there?