Those of you who know me know that US Airways is my airline of choice. I have participated in various mile acquisition promotions that they have held in the past – buying miles, gifting miles, and (the best value in my opinion) sharing miles. Through sharing miles, it is possible to earn up to a 100% bonus.
For a limited time you will be able to earn up to 50,000 miles with this promotion:
Share miles bonus
For a limited time, when you share miles, the recipient will get a 100% bonus – up to 50,000 miles. Just share your miles by October 15, 2013.
- Share 10,000 miles, give 20,000 miles
- Share 30,000 miles, give 60,000 miles
- Share 50,000 miles, give 100,000 miles
If I were to share 50,000 miles with my friend’s US Airways account, she would then receive the 50,000 I transferred to her, but also a 50,000 mile bonus for a total of 100,000 miles. I would be left with 50,000 fewer miles than I had but then she would share back 50,000 miles with me. I would then get the 50,000 back that I transferred, plus an additional 50,000 from the share miles promo. Each of us would then have 50,000 more miles in our account for a cost per transfer of $567.50 which includes the cost of sharing plus taxes and transfer fee.
The form is pretty straightforward and will take you to Points.com:
Terms and Conditions:
- Miles are shared for $0.01 per mile plus a processing fee of $30 and a tax recovery charge of 7.5%. GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents. Miles purchased through Buy, Share or Gift Miles do not count towards Dividend Miles Preferred status. All other Dividend Miles Terms and Conditions apply. Miles may be used based on award availability at the time of booking. Please note that Dividend Miles accounts less than 12 days old are not permitted to Buy, Share or Gift miles. All purchases are non-refundable.
- Offer valid for Share miles transactions made between September 30, 2013 00:00:01 PT and October 15, 2013 23:59:59 PT. Members may receive a maximum of 50,000 bonus miles during the offer period. This bonus is only applicable for Share Miles and the offer does not apply to Buy or Gift Miles transactions. Bonus amounts will be awarded upon completion of the transaction. All transaction inquiries must be submitted to US Airways Dividend Miles within 90 days from end of promotion. Bonus miles will be awarded to the recipient of the Share. Offer is subject to change. Offer cannot be combined with any other offer. Only purchases made online are eligible. All US Airways Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. Visit usairways.com/dividendmiles for details.
I have used US Airways miles for business class awards on partner airlines to Asia (90,000 miles), a first class award on Singapore Air during last summer’s booking glitch (110,000 miles), and recently for our business class awards to Istanbul and Malta (90,000 miles). Low level business awards to Europe were often available for as little as 60,000 miles in winter. Although US Airways dropped the low awards in Envoy to Europe last summer, they are still available in Economy for 35K miles. Low level Envoy awards are also still available to South America. If you have the Barclay’s Dividend miles card your award travel can be had for 5000 miles less. Last January I traveled to Paris for 55,000 miles roundtrip in Envoy!
If you are planning any upcoming award travel, this is a great way to top off your account!
Do you think you will be taking advantage of this promotion?