Around the first of October US Airways brought back what is undeniably their most lucrative miles acquisition promotion. With this limited time Share Miles promo you can earn a 100% bonus on shared miles. This is just a little reminder that the promotion expires tomorrow, Tuesday, October 15, 2013.
Through this promotion US Airways will give you a 100% bonus on all shared miles (meaning transferring miles from one Dividend Miles account to another), up to a total of 50,000. The cost to share miles is one cent per mile, plus a 7.5% tax, plus a $30 transaction fee. The cost of transferring 50K miles would cost you a paltry $567.50. You can only transfer a maximum of 50,000 miles into a single Dividend Miles (accounts have to be at least 12 days old to share or receive miles).
As stated this is a great way to get some Dividend Miles in your account at a low cost of about 1.1 cents each. You can redeem just 90,000 miles for a business class award ticket to North Asia via Europe. If you have the Dividend Miles MasterCard and book your flight on US Airways Envoy round trip you will see the cost of the award drop by 5000 miles.
Important Terms and Conditions
1. You must be a Dividend Miles member for at least 12 days.
2. The 100% bonus goes to the person who receives the miles.
3. The maximum bonus per account is 50,000 and receive is 100,000 (which includes the bonus miles).
4. For each Share there is a processing fee of $30 and a 7.5% tax recovery charge and GST/HST will be charged to Canadian residents.
5. Bonus amounts will be awarded upon completion of the transaction.
6. The transaction is processed by Points.com so you will receive no bonus miles for the travel category on your credit card.
This is a great deal! I’ll be taking advantage of it myself as soon as I get back from the Chicago Seminars this afternoon!