Note: This promotion is no longer live.
If you have been sitting on the fence about this one, now might be a good time to evaluate the Barclay Miles and More Card to see if it is a fit for you. Gary Leff noted earlier today that June 30th may be the last day to take advantage of the increased sign up bonus.
Typically the Barclaycard Lufthansa Premier Miles & More World MasterCard® carries a sign up bonus of 20,000-30,000 miles, however Barclaycard is offering a limited time bonus offer on the card whereby you can earn a total of 50,000 award miles – 20,000 after the first spend or balance transfer plus an additional 30,000 miles with a $5000 spend within 90 days. This could be a hefty spend for some, but it is easily accomplished through any of the various spend techniques. There is a $79 annual fee for this card which is not waived for the first year.
Although 50,000 miles isn’t a great deal and are fewer than what you would need for a transatlantic business award ticket, domestic (US) awards in business class can be had for 35,000 miles and economy flights can be booked for 17,500 miles. 50,000 miles is also just enough for an economy class US to Europe roundtrip ticket.
Terms and Conditions
Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard®
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn an additional 30,000 award miles when you spend $5,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners and 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Cardholders receive a companion ticket after first use of the account and annually after each account anniversary
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance member airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee. Please see Terms and Conditions for complete details
[The Premier Miles & More World MasterCard®]
This content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuer. Opinions expressed here are the author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuer, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuer. This site may be compensated through the credit card issuer Affiliate Program.