Now through August 18, 2014, Hyatt is offering a promotion where you can buy Gold Passport Points for up to a 40% bonus. It’s a tiered promotion where the bonus you get depends on the number of points you buy. It may be targeted for Platinum and Diamond members, so be sure to check your email account. Here is how the bonus is calculated:
- Purchase10,000 to 19,000 pointsand get a 20% bonus
- Purchase 20,000 to 39,000 points and get a 30% bonus
- Purchase 40,000-55000 points and get a 40% bonus
You can click on this link and provide your Hyatt Gold Passport membership information and select the number of points you would like to purchase.
If you were to maximize this promotion and buy the full 50000 points you would be spending $1320.00 or about 1.7 cents per point at the 40% bonus level. If you were to buy 25000 it would cost $600 for 32500 points or 1.8 cents per point.
You may purchase Hyatt Gold Passport points in increments of 1,000 up to 55,000 points per calendar year.
What can you do with points?
The value of these points works out to be close to the following:
- Category 1 save 2,500 points for $50 (2.0 cents/point)
- Category 2 save 4,000 points for $55 (1.375 cents/point)
- Category 3 save 6,000 points for $75 (1.25 cents/point)
- Category 4 save 7,500 points for $100 (1.33 cents/point)
- Category 5 save 10,000 points for $125 (1.25 cents/point)
- Category 6 save 12,500 points for $150 (1.20 cents/point)
- Category 7 save 15,000 points for $300 (2.00 cents/point)
For Category 3, Category 5, and Category 6, you can get much more value for your points than buying them outright…. plus Cash and Points stays earn points/status, etc. However, if you need your points for a specific award stay, then Buying Gold Passport Points now may make sense for you.
You can access this promotion here: Hyatt Gold Passport Buy Miles
Terms and Conditions: