Last year, one of the first posts I had written was Yes Get Milepoint Premium! The cost was then $59 and in my opinion, I had gotten my value out of the membership. I liked my extra 2k United miles and got use out of my Platinum Hyatt and Executive status with National. There were other random perks that I really didn’t take advantage of.
Well this year the price is lowered to $49 but you get less United miles (only 1,000) and you get Hilton Gold which is very easily attainable with a Amex or Citi credit card. Here are the other “perks”.
- One year of ad-free viewing on Milepoint.com
- Free 1-year subscription to InsideFlyer.com or 50% discount for print edition of InsideFlyer magazine
- Free upgrade to PointsHound Level 2 Status through 2014 and a 1,000 mile or point bonus on first booking
- Free Upgrade to UsingMiles Premier membership
- Free Gold membership at WorldMate
- Free upgrade to National Car Rental Emerald Club Executive Status
- Free upgrade to AwardWallet Plus account
- Buy-One-Get-One-Free Trip Pass for Award Nexus
- One day free parking at The Parking Spot (not valid with DFW valet)
- 25% discount on “Frequent Flyer Master” e-book
- 25% discount at LoJack for Laptops
- 20% discount at SCOTTEVEST
- 20% discount on ExpertFlyer.com yearly premium service
- 15% discount to Luggage Forward
- 10% discount off all Hyatt Hotel Gift Card purchases (up to $5,000 in gift card purchases)
- 10% discount on KVS Tool
So why am I still interested in Milepoint Premium? Well Gary at View from the Wing stated that the Parking Spot code is not a one time use code and you should be able to use it multiple times. I always park here because they are at both Houston airport locations and I accumulate parking spot points to use for free parking days. Those parking fees do at up!
Plus I am still interested in National Exec status after mine expires in Feb 2014 from the last Milepoint Premium membership I purchased.
Also any memberships purchased in Oct will benefit Breast Cancer awareness in a small way. A nice gesture.