Here are some quick recent updates on some hotels and airlines
You can now earn and redeem AAdvantage miles when flying on American or US Airways. All eligible travel on either airline will count toward elite status qualification in the program of your choosing.
- Enjoy select reciprocal benefits when flying either airline, including First and Business Class check-in, complimentary checked bags, and priority security and boarding.
- Admirals Club members (including Citi Executive / AAdvantage World Elite MasterCard cardmembers) can now access all 19 domestic US Airways Clubs.
- Hyatt introduces Category 7 and increases points for all categories.
- Elites (Platinum and Diamond members) can now get 20% daily rate on any standard room in 2014 (subject to availability). This shows as a separate tab when making a reservation online.
- Cash and points now available. Call 1-800-228-3360 in the U.S. or Canada to reserve with this option.
IHG introduces their first wellness hotel brand called “EVEN” and you will earn 10 points per $1 spent. Currently only 2 hotels available, one in Norwalk, CT and the other in Rockville, MD.
SPG & Ceasars
- Starting January 9, you will be able to earn and redeem SPG points for all stays at participating Caesar Hotels and Resorts.
- The maximum amount of points you can earn per year is 100,000 points
- You can earn up to 10 nights towards SPG elite status and you will earn 2 points/$ spent at Caesars hotels.
- You must enroll here.