I logged into my United account and saw a banner about earning double United miles on paid purchases. The link directed me to this page. I’m pretty sure this is a targeted offer but doesn’t hurt to try to register anyways to see if you were unknowingly targeted.
After registration, you will earn double MileagePlus award miles on all paid qualifying United Airlines flights S class or higher on flights on or before Feb 5, 2015. Registration must be done by Jan 5, 2015 and the max bonus rewards is 50k miles.
Here are more of the T&Cs
1. Only original recipients of the invitation to the offer can register and participate in the promotion.
2. To qualify for this offer, eligible members must register through the promotion website prior to travel, then purchase and complete paid, qualifying travel to any destination served by United or United Express® during the qualifying ticketing and travel periods. Registration for the promotion must be completed by January 5, 2015.
3. Ticketing dates: October 24, 2014 – February 5, 2015
4. Complete travel between: November 1, 2014 – February 5, 2015.
5. Offer is valid on paid flight segments booked in F, A, J, C, D, Z, P, Y, B, M, E, U, H, Q, V, W, or S fare classes. The offer is not valid on government fares.
6. A “segment” is defined as one takeoff and one landing. All qualifying segments must by operated by United or United Express.
7. Double award miles is defined as two award miles for each base award mile that would otherwise be credited in connection with qualifying flights during the promotion period. Bonus may be earned for a maximum of 50,000 award miles in accordance with these terms and conditions.
8. Bonus miles will be posted to the member’s MileagePlus account six to eight weeks after the end of the promotion period.
9. Double miles does not apply to Premier® qualifying miles (PQM), class-of-service bonus miles, class-of-service PQM, Premier bonus miles, bonus award miles or other promotional PQM.
10. Service charges for ticketing with a United representative in the 50 United States, District of Columbia and Canada are $25 by phone, $30 at a City Ticket Office and $35 in person at the airport. Ticketing charges may vary outside of the U.S. and Canada and based on MileagePlus status level. The ticketing service charge does not apply for tickets purchased on united.com. Service charges are subject to change.
11. The offer is not valid on United-marketed codeshare flights operated by other carriers.
12. Passenger must be a member of the United MileagePlus program to qualify for this offer.
13. This offer is not combinable with other non-combinable offers.
14. Offer is subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply.