For those who have been reading along you are probably aware that I bought and sold a house this year. In anticipation of that event I had taken it easy on the credit card applications. In the last 18 months I have only applied for 1 or 2 cards. Pretty light for us churners. Well, a couple of weeks ago, I finally got back in the saddle and applied for 6 cards. One of the cards I even managed to get bumped up to 100k from a 50k offer. Sweet!
The cards I applied for were:
- Amex Business Gold 75,000 Membership Rewards Points
- Minimum Spend = $10,000 in 3 months
- Amex Personal Gold 50,000 Membership Rewards Points
- Minimum Spend = $1,000 in 3 months
- Chase Ink 50,000 Ultimate Rewards Points
- Minimum Spend = $5,000 in 3 months
- Chase British Airways 50,000 Avios
- Minimum Spend = $2,000 in 3 months
- Citi American Airlines 50,000 Aadvantage miles
- Minimum Spend = $3,000 in 3 months
- Bank of America Alaska Airlines 25,000 Mileage Plan Miles
- Minimum Spend for miles = $0
- Minimum Spend for $100 credit = $1,000
I was instantly approved for all the cards but for the Chase cards. The Chase cards took a phone call. You can read about my phone call with chase here. After the phone call I was approved for all 6 cards. That brought my total points earned to 300,000 miles. The spending required is $22,000 in 3 months.
I have already met the minimum spend for the Amex personal Gold and I am 70% finished with the minimum spend for the Amex Business Gold. I should have that done within the first month. So I am well on my way to meeting the minimum spend on the Business Gold.
As an added bonus the Chase British Airways card just increased the bonus from 50k to 100k. I was able to call Chase and have them match me up to that offer. The 100k offer requires $2,000 in the first 3 months and then an additional $20,000 in the next 12 months to earn the extra 50,000 Avios. That won’t be a problem.
In the end these 6 cards will net me 350,000 miles. Not bad.