- Introduction to Israel
- American Airlines LAX Flagship Lounge
- Chicago O’Hare American Airlines Flagship Lounge
- American Airlines ORD-LHR 777 Business Class
- American Airlines Arrivals Lounge at London Heathrow
- Sheraton Tel Aviv Hotel Review
- Intercontinental Bethlehem (Jacir Palace) Hotel Review
- Le Meridien Dead Sea Hotel Review
- Park Plaza Orchid Tel Aviv Hotel Review
- Is Israel Safe for Tourists?
- The Sights and Sounds of Bethlehem
- The Sights and Sounds of Jerusalem
- The Sights and Sounds of Masada
- The Sights and Sounds of the Dead Sea
- The Sights and Sounds of the Negev Desert
- The Sights and Sounds of Tel Aviv
- Scam City: Israel Edition
- The Various Eats in Israel
- Tel Aviv Airport Dan Lounge
- Paris CDG American Airlines Admiral’s Club Lounge
I flew from LAX-ORD First Class due to being upgraded for free as an Executive Platinum member on American Airlines. I was able to enter the Flagship Lounge at Chicago O’Hare because I am an Executive Platinum member travelling on an international itinerary in any class, even coach. I’ve been to this lounge several times, but I had a 6 hour layover in Chicago so I was able to see the lunch and dinner portions of the lounge. The ORD Flagship Lounge is also shared by Japan Airlines as a JAL First Class Lounge.
As I entered the lounge during noon hours, the lounge was surprisingly empty!
Light lunch was already being served and it included salads, fruits, cheese, crackers, vegetable tray with various dippings, and italian wedding soup.
There was also a massive open bar with bottled beer, liquor, spirits, wine, and champagne.
Light supper was being served around 3:30pm and it included a variety of sushi, cocktail shrimp, skewers, and sandwiches.
I definitely tried a little bit of everything just to sample how the taste factor was on the food. The best part was the cocktail shrimp and the minestrone soup. The sushi is forgettable and the skewers were really tough and hard to chew. The open bar with unlimited Chandon champagne was definitely the highlight of my stay. 6 hours definitely went by fast in this lounge as it was nearly empty at all hours of my stay.