I’ve been traveling with a 13 inch MacBook Air since 2011 and have had the 2011, 2012, and now the 2013 version. Before 2011, I was traveling with a bulky 13 inch MacBook Pro and it was one of the best devices. Pre-2008, I traveled with $200 Netbooks (had 3 and each of them never lasted more than a year) and bulky IBM laptops.
Fast forward to today and I truly believe the 2013 MacBook Air is the best device for frequent fliers. No, this is not an ad for Apple and yes, I do run Windows 8 on my MacBook Air.
Honestly, I don’t use my MacBook Air outside of traveling. I’m an avid desktop computer user and need a bigger screen than 13 inches.
Here are some top reasons why I love my 2013 MacBook Air:
1. Battery life. The battery life on a 2013 MacbookAir is simply astounding. I can surf the web using Gogo internet for 12 hours or watch a video for 10 hours straight. What other laptop can do that?
2. Ability to run Windows. I primarily use Windows as my main operating system when I’m at home. When Apple announced they were switching to Intel based Macs, I was sold and became an avid Apple user. The ability to run a Windows operating system natively is crucial for me.
3. Beautiful aesthetics. The MacBook Air is just simply sexy. It’s so simplistic and functional at the same time.
4. Lightweight. The MacBook Air weighs in at just under 3 lbs. This is absolutely a necessity when traveling because every ounce of weight counts. Sometimes I just travel with my leather bag and traveling with a 10 lb laptop would be taxing.
5. Stabilization. I’ve owned three MacBook Air’s in the past three years and haven’t had a single Mac or Windows operating system crash. These machines are built to last and you won’t find a blue screen of death.
It’s a pricey machine, but well worth the trade-off for all the headaches it will save you down the road. Did I mention that the laptop is incredibly sexy and has an amazing 12 hour battery life from a single charge?