I’ve gotten a lot of great feedback on my “10 Signs” post. My recent article was 10 Signs That You Are Taking Too Many Vacation Days at Work. In light of the recent American Airlines devaluations, we all need to lighten up with some humor. In no particular order, here are 10 signs that you are an American Airlines Executive Platinum.
1. You obsessively go on aa.com more than 10 times a day.
2. You ask for an agent at the Executive Platinum Desk by name.
3. You constantly check the number of Systemwide Upgrades you have left in your account.
4. You have more than 10 electronic 500-mile upgrade stickers from your Platinum days in your account and it’s driving you nuts.
5. You know the Executive Platinum Desk number by heart.
6. Battleground upgrades are your worst nightmare. Not being able to clear that upgrade on the A321T is the bane of your existence.
7. You hand over your Executive Platinum elite card in the main cabin when the flight attendant asks for snack & drink payment.
8. You get antsy when your name isn’t #1 on the upgrade standby upgrade list on the AA mobile app.
9. The new boarding procedures are driving you nuts. You hate not being able to board with First Class anymore when you’re sitting in the main cabin.
10. You know that clicking the “Same-Day Flight Change” button on your online reservation never works.