Layover at CDG, The Louvre and iPass Lounge CDG!
- Big Changes are Coming! New Job, Dublin, and Auckland Marathon!
- Dublin Marathon 2013 Trip Introduction
- Flight Dublin-Sydney Update – 11 hours in Lufthansa New First Class!
- Layover at CDG, The Louvre and iPass Lounge CDG
- The Louvre in Paris
- Diverted Flight and First 24 hours in Dublin
- Dublin Marathon 2013 Expo and Packet Pickup
- Temple Bar, Guinness Factory, Old Jameson Distillery
- Cheap Eats: Hot Wok and The Italian Connection
- Dublin Marathon 2013 Race Day and Review
- Irish Food: Quay’s Restaurant and Oneil’s Pub
- National Museum of Ireland
- Clarion IFSC Dublin Hotel Review
- Clarion Dublin Airport Review
I managed to get out of work at 3pm. It was a bit hard as I had some last minute things to do and cleaning up the rest of my office as it was my last day. It was hard to walk out of there after 5 years. I worked with amazing people there in all sorts of functions. I will miss using working with other people to organize charity events.
I made it home just short of 4pm and left for the airport at 4:30 for my 6:45pm flight. The bus between South Station and the airport was very slow due to traffic in the tunnel between South Boston and East Boston. Next time, I may use the blue line for Friday afternoons. Traffic didn’t look go elsewhere in Boston as well.
During the long bus ride, I found an old friend from BU. She was my wife’s roommate and we chatted during the entire time. It was good catching up with her.
- 6:05pm – Arrived at airport. Check-in attendant said it was in final boarding. Minor freakout but knew it was fine. (turned out it was only in Group 2).
- 6:15pm – Got through Pre-check. Ran to the gate. Gate lice standing right by the gate agents scanning in people. The guy in front of me was pushing his way through as well. I would not have been so nice.
- Plane took off on time. Got the beef fillet and managed to get about 3 hours of sleep. Managed to finish World War Z as the IFE was turned on before takeoff, which was awesome. Saw half of The Internship and fell asleep for the second half.
- Wasted about two hours at CDG. An hour walking through the terminal, using some Wifi at the Sheraton and then taking the shuttle to Terminal 1.
- Wasted another 30 minutes trying to check into my Dublin flight too early. Wanted to check in bag so I didn’t have to carry it around. Needed to walk around Paris with all my bags.
- Lockers at CDG but need 6 hour minimum. Can’t do that with my 6 hour layover.
- Purchased a roundtrip ticket to Paris. Got off by the Louvre and walked around.
- Decided to go into the Louvre. Got in around 10:20am with no lines. Walked around for an hour before leaving to get a snack and go back to the airport for my 2:20pm flight (Separate post on the Louvre)
- Caught the train at Châtelet-Les-Halles. Nice shopping mall downstairs adjacent to the train station. The train I caught ran express directly to CDG, which saved about 20 minutes from my trip to the airport. Got to CDG around 1pm and luckily the check-in line wasn’t too long. I got through immigration around 1:20.
- Quick stop in the iPass Lounge, which was small. Bathrooms are outside the lounge. There was a decent food selection there with some free beer. The liquor selection was a bit limited.
- Outside the lounge was a smoking room, which is open to the public.
- Got to the gate around 1:50pm. Still boarding the back rows. The one hour flight turned into a real journey.