Alaska Airlines Visa 50k Miles Offer: Matched from 25k Application:
So I applied for the Alaska Airlines Visa Card on December 6th with the 25k miles offer. I called in yesterday and got Bank of America to match the higher 50000 miles offer that came out last week.
I was booking an Alaska Airlines flight and while I was booking it, I applied for the card to get an additional $100 statement in addition to the 25k bonus points on December 6th. On December 11th, Bank of America announced a limited time offer for 50k miles seen below:
Here are the details for the Visa Signature Card:
Application link: //www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=VAB3E8#b (originally from travelsort.com)
- UP TO 50,000 Bonus Miles by 25,000 bonus miles upon approval and an additional 25,000 bonus miles after making at least $1,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of the account open date
- Note that the 25000 bonus miles after $1,000 spend will be awarded after the promotional period of 90 days, even if you meet the spend way before the 90 day period.
- Coach companion fare every year from $118 ($99, plus taxes and fees from $19)
- Earn 3 miles for every qualifying dollar in purchases of Alaska Airlines tickets, Vacation packages and Cargo purchases
- No Mileage Cap. There’s no limit to the number of miles you can earn with the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card
- This offer applies to Visa Signature accounts. Different terms, benefits and credit line apply to Platinum Plus and Preferred accounts. (These are lower version of the card with lower mileage bonuses. There is no way to know until you are approved and call in, or when you receive the card.)
- Bonus mile offer: This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer and is valid for a limited time by invitation only. This offer is not valid for customers that have applied for this product in the past 12 months.
Once I found out, I call into Bank of America in order to find out if they will match the higher offer. I called the number on the back of the card for card services at Bank of America. I went into the prompt to activate my card as I needed to activate my card anyway but the representative I was on the phone with didn’t have an idea of what to do and ended up transferring me over to Alaska Airlines Mileage Plus agent, which was no help as the offer comes from Bank of America.
I called back into the same number on the back of the card. I choose this time to speak to a representative directly. I told him that a day after I applied for the card, I received a higher points offer in my email. He then asked me to read the offer, which I did. He also asked for an application code, which was VAB3E8, as seen in the application link. Within a minute, he confirmed that he either changed the offer on my account or added a note about the new offer.
I believe this is a great offer and this is a great way to diversify your points collection. I would be saving it up for a redemption on Emirates but Alaska has many partner airlines.