Madrid 2013: Iberia Business Class Lounge at MAD
- Planning Wife’s First Mileage Run
- Finnair JFK-HEL-MAD, Layover in HEL
- Finnair Business Class Lounges at HEL
- @home British Airways Lounge at HEL
- Aspire Lounge at HEL with Priority Pass
- Holiday Inn Las Tablas Review
- Chocolate Churros at San Gines
- Museo Del Prado, Retiro Park, Royal Palace
- Museo de Jamon
- Madrid Tapas Tour
Iberia highest class is only business class so there is no first class lounge here in Madrid. I wouldn’t have been able to get in anyway as my status was only Platinum with AA and not EXP.
We flew on an early Saturday morning as we had an overnight layover at Helsinki. My wife was booked on a business class Finnair flight MAD-HEL while I had a coach ticket back to JFK via HEL. This was the only flight we were together for on this trip.
The lounge was large and empty. The lounge was inside the large long open space of the terminal, similar to the airports in China (Beijing, Shanghai from what I recall). I wouldn’t expect it to be busy at all. There are two halves of the lounge that are almost the same. There are the same drinks and food display on each side of the lounge.
On one side of the lounge there was a dark sleeping area. Even at 8am, it was full.
Below was the business centre.
There was a good selection of alcohol there to try. Overall, it was a good lounge with many options for drinks and food.