Weekly Training Update 2014-03-30 and Upcoming Marathon Schedule
So I registered for NJ marathon, which is in a few weeks. I’ll be slowly ramping up my weekly mileage so that the next few marathons will be long training runs. I don’t intend to run them very hard and make sure that I have enough strength to work out the week after without missing any days.
On Saturday, I did a fast 12 miles but now my legs are pretty sore. I will be focusing more on speed workouts rather than run slower in order to increase weekly mileage. I think the speed workouts will be more beneficial than additions in weekly mileage.
Upcoming Marathon Schedule
Now that I’m back from Antarctica and officially a seven continents finisher, I’ve been doing some planning for my future marathons. My plan is to run 16 marathons in 16 different states/Canadian Provinces/countries between October 13th of last year to October 12th of this year.
So far, I only have 7. I rested quite a bit after my 5 marathons in 5 weeks across three continents and now I have some catching up to do. In short, I need 9 between now and mid October.
This requires me to run two doubles right before the deadline in October without traveling all over the US for marathons. Here are the ones I did in the past five months:
- October 2013: Chicago Marathon
- October 2013: Dublin Marathon
- November 2013: Auckland Marathon
- November 2013: Richmond Marathon
- November 2013: Philadelphia Marathon
- February 2014: Hong Kong Marathon
- March 10th, 2014: Antarctica Marathon with Marathon Tours
My upcoming plans are:
- April 2014: NJ Marathon
- May 2014: Tacoma Marathon
- July 2014: Mad Marathon in VT
- September 2014: Oregon Marathon
- September 2014: Kenai River Marathon in AK
- October 2014: NH Marathon
- October 2014: Maine Marathon
- October 2014: Hartford Marathon
- October 2014: Newport Marathon in RI
I am still looking for a race in NY as a backup in case I don’t end up running any one of the races above due to travel delays and such. There are two marathons in MA that I could do as well. It will depend on my travel plans in October as I want to go to Asia for another week.