Kuala Lumpur 2014: MH KUL-HKG A380 Review
- Planning a Singapore/Malaysia/Hong Kong Mileage Run Marathon
- National Museum of Singapore and Art Museum
- Night Safari at the Singapore Zoo
- Bicycle Tour of Sentosa Island and Adventure Cove Waterpark
- Chinatown Complex Hawker Stands
- Marina Bay Sands and the Observation Deck
- Where to Stay
- Jetstar SIN-KUL and 10kg carry-on policy
- Cathay Pacific Lounge at SIN with Priority Pass
- Rainforest Lounge with Priority Pass at SIN
- British Airways Lounge at SIN
- Qantas Lounge at SIN
- Plaza Premium Lounge at KUL with Priority Pass
- Sheraton Imperal KL Deluxe Suite Review
- Petronas Towers
- Jalor Alor Hawker/Street Food
- Batu Caves and Dark Caves Tour
- Le Meridien KL Review
- KL Tower
- MH Business and First Class Lounge at KUL
- Cathay Pacific Lounge at KUL
Once I left the lounge, I headed to my award flight. I booked this flight on Avios at 20k points for business class. I managed to get their A380 but heard that they will end the A380 flight between KUL and HKG.
I got to the gate a bit late so I had to wait in line for the security at the gate. There was a long line for the lower deck but luckily not many people on the upper deck, where my business class seat was. I promptly went up the escalator and boarded my flight.
The A380 upper deck business class is 2-2-2. My confirmed seat was in the middle but no one was next to me so I had the pair of seats to myself. The bins were a bit smaller than I expected but as there weren’t many people in business class (a few open seats), I put in my large bag sideways.
Below are some pictures of the seats.
There was a couple at the window who wanted to sit next to their kids at the row behind him. I said yes and quickly switched into the window seat. I managed to move my bag as well before takeoff.
They provide you with headphones but not noise cancelling.
Here was the breakfast menu I was presented. I got the curry rice dish.
They had a large coffee menu so I tried two that I haven’t had before. The Ethopian coffee was light tasting (tasted like light roast) and not too bitter. Served with some cream and sugar
Brazilian Santos was darker and more bitter.
I also had their Malaysian Tek Tarik, which was very good.
Breakfast was a bit spicy so be careful. Lasting spicy, not very much but builds over time.
A picture of the giant A380 landing at HKG.
It was a short flight but very nice and comfortable in Business Class. The food was good and beverages were also good as well.