Hong Kong 2014: Food Highlights
Wonton Noodle Soup and Scrambled Eggs in Jordan, Beef Tripe Noodle Soup in Tin Hau, and Hong Kong Milk Tea in Central.
- Planning a Singapore/Malaysia/Hong Kong Mileage Run Marathon
- National Museum of Singapore and Art Museum
- Night Safari at the Singapore Zoo
- Bicycle Tour of Sentosa Island and Adventure Cove Waterpark
- Chinatown Complex Hawker Stands
- Marina Bay Sands and the Observation Deck
- Where to Stay
- Jetstar SIN-KUL and 10kg carry-on policy
- Cathay Pacific Lounge at SIN with Priority Pass
- Rainforest Lounge with Priority Pass at SIN
- British Airways Lounge at SIN
- Qantas Lounge at SIN
Kuala Lumpur 2014:
- Plaza Premium Lounge at KUL with Priority Pass
- Sheraton Imperal KL Deluxe Suite Review
- Petronas Towers
- Jalor Alor Hawker/Street Food
- Batu Caves and Dark Caves Tour
- Le Meridien KL Review
- KL Tower
- MH Business and First Class Lounge at KUL
- Cathay Pacific Lounge at KUL
- MH KUL-HKG A380 Review
Jordan (near Jordan MTR station)
There are a few great eateries here:
Mak’s Noodles: Wonton noodle soup. It’s famous in Hong Kong.
Australia Dairy: Hong Kong Breakfast (scrambled eggs is famous here, but also good toast and macaroni, tea and coffee)
There was this fried food shop that seemed pretty popular. Fried everything from peppers to squid to fish balls. I had a few of them and it was pretty good.
The only great eatery I know of here is Sister Wah that serves beef tripe noodle soup, right by exit B2. There are two shops that sell it here (one next to the other) but Sister Wah is more well known according to my friend. Opt for the clear broth version of it. I was still hungry so I ordered a fish cake noodle soup, which was also very good.
Lan Fong Yuen: Hong Kong Milk Tea. (2 Gage Street Central, Hong Kong (MTR Sheung Wan Exit E2 or Central)) Famous for it and supposedly inventor of the milk tea made with pantyhose. Long lines usually. I went here back in 2007 but didn’t get a chance to go this time. They also have very good steam pork buns
Leave a comment