Antarctica Marathon 2014: Marriot Park Plaza Hotel Review
This is a review of the Marriott Park Plaza Hotel in Buenos Aires, the hotel Marathon Tours booked for us for the Antarctica Marathon.
- Running A Marathon in Antarctica and Australia in 2014
- Hotels, Flights, Final Deposit, Medevac Insurance
- Flight BOS-JFK-EZE (Domestic first, 777-200 business)
- Sheraton Libertador Review
- Marriott Park Plaza Hotel (San Martin) Review
- Shakeout Run in Buenos Aires
- Buenos Aires Daytime Bicycle tour (urban bike)
- Las Nazarenas and Argentinian Cuisine
- Marathon Tours Champagne Toast and Dinner
- EZE City Tour with Marathon Tours
- Flight down to Ushuaia (on Aerolineas Argentinas)
- OneOcean Ship Introduction (valvilov)
- Night 1
- Day 1 at sea
- Ship Daily Routine
- Marathon Tours and OneOcean cruise
- Trip Clothing and Gear Recommendations
- Antarctica Camera and Tech Recommendations
- Staying Online in Antarctica, Tweeting and FB via Email
- Alcohol onboard Marathon Tours Antarctic Cruise
- Kayaking on Marathon Tours Antarctica Marathon Trip
- Day 1: Yankee Harbor, vacuum Party, and Zodiac operations
- Day 2: Half Moon Island
- Day 3: Race Day
- Antarctica Marathon Runner Highlight: Overall Winner: Bartek
- Antarctica Marathon Runner Highlight: Blind Runner: Henrick Wagner
- Day 4: Dahno Island, Michelson Bay
- Day 4: Race Award Ceremony
- Day 5: Curverville Island, Wilhelmina Bay
- Day 6: Paradise Bay, First and only Continental Antarctica Landing
- Day 6: Outdoor BBQ in Paradise Bay
- Day 6: Paradise Bay Zodiac Cruise and Seals
- Day 6: Champagne Toast and after dinner Pictionary
- Sheraton BA convention Center Review
- AA First EZE-MIA-BOS Review
Marriott Park Plaza Hotel (San Martin)
This hotel was booked by Marathon Tours so I didn’t have a choice. It wasn’t until I got there that I found out it was part of the Marriott chain.
The reception area is a good size with a separate lounge area with two couches and a few chairs. The elevators are hard to get to. Either you can go up a flight of main stairs or you can go down a narrow stairway to get to the elevator. This meant I had to carry my bag up the stairs to the elevator. I could have had a porter carry my bag up but I considered it good training.
The elevator also sucked here as well. They were pretty slow but I am sure one of them was broken. A second one was temporary out of door for a few hours as a few from the tour group were stuck on there before our city tour.
The room was good size. I had a two full bed room and the bathroom was a good size with double sinks. The view from the room was ok but we had two windows, which was nice. I managed to put my Marriott number on there to get a few nights credit on my account.
There was an outdoor pool adjacent to the exercise room and small bar and lounge. There was an outdoor seating area to enjoy some drinks and an area to tan and enjoy the sun adjacent to the pool.