Fare Alert: BA/CX – $3048 – Dublin – Sydney in Business Roundtrip
This is my first post about a great deal I found. I tweeted about it earlier but wanted to make a more detailed post about this. After tweeting about it, some of the availability did disappear, but still plenty of dates. I also shamelessly stole the format from TheFlightDeal, so I apologize in advance.
It would require you to start in Dublin, but I found some reasonably priced flights from the east coast to Dublin. I personally used some AA miles to fly via PHL on AA to Dublin. The routing allows for three transfers in Asia, so I found that you can route Dublin – London – Singapore – Hong Kong – Sydney for a total of 26k EQM (on AA) and 40k EQP.
You can also do Reykjavik – London – Singapore – Hong Kong – Sydney for $3200, but 28k EQM. The dates are very limited for this routing.
[Update – I posted this on flyertalk Premium Cabin Deals and one poster found this routing: DUB-LHR-PEK-KUL-HKG-SYD-PER. Unsure how you can book it (possibly DUB-KUL, KUL-HKG, HKG-PER) for 32k EQM for the same price]
You can also get 2 free stopovers but unfortunately for a maximum of 2 days each.
There are some dates that has a first class ticket for about $6000.
Sample Travel Date:
- April 4th – 13th, 2016
- Valid for travel from January, 2016 – September, 2016.
PERMITTED 18DEC 15 THROUGH 08JAN 16 OR 12FEB 16 THROUGH 20FEB 16 OR 24MAR 16 THROUGH 18APR 16 OR 27MAY 16 THROUGH 04JUN 16 OR 22JUL 16 THROUGH 03SEP 16.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Use ITA Software Matrix Airfare Search and use the following search criteria:
- Departing from: DUB
- Outbound Advanced Routing Code: lhr sin hkg
- Destination: SYD
- Return Advanced Routing Code: hkg sin lhr
- (Click on Advanced Routing Codes link to enable advanced routing code input)
- Select “See calendar of lowest fares”
- Length of stay “3-10” (This is just a sample, you can use any 7 day date range like 3-10, 7-14 etc)
- Beginner’s Guide on How to Use Matrix by ITA Software
- How to Read Airfare Rules and Use It to Your Advantage
You cannot buy tickets using ITA. To buy, follow our instructions in the “How to Book” section below.
- I and J for domestic business in Europe
- (DUB) Dublin – (LHR) London – (SIN) Singapore – (HKG) Hong Kong – (SYD) Sydney
- DUB-LHR and LHR-SIN segments will be on BA, and SIN-HKG and HKG-SYD will be on CX
- Miles Flown: 26,442 miles or 10 cents per mile
- Elite Qualifying Miles: 26,442 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 26,442 miles
- Elite Qualifying Points: 40,302
How to Book:
- The only way to book this ticket is through AA.com and using multi-city feature. Once you get your flight on Matrix, go over to AA.com and enter in the correct dates for the segments. Here is a sample of what I did:
In case you don’t get the price or segments you want, you can go back, and sort by schedule and pick your segments manually.
ORIGINATING EUROPE - UNLIMITED STOPOVERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION LIMITED TO 2 FREE AND UNLIMITED AT EUR 200.00 EACH. A STOPOVER MAY NOT EXCEED 2 DAYS.
5 TRANSFERS PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 2 FREE IN EUROPE IN EACH DIRECTION 3 FREE IN JAPAN/KOREA, REP. OF/KOREA, DEM. PEOPLE'S REP. OF/S.W. PACIFIC/SOUTHEAST ASIA EXCEPT CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION. AND - 1 TRANSFER PERMITTED IN EACH DIRECTION FREE 1 FREE IN CHINA IN EACH DIRECTION FARE BREAK SURFACE SECTORS NOT PERMITTED AND EMBEDDED SURFACE SECTORS PERMITTED ON THE FARE COMPONENT.