Changes in Avianca LifeMiles Award Redemption
Lifemiles sent out an email today notifying members about some small adjustments in their award chart. It is very origin and destination specific so you usually need to use their calculator to find out how many miles it is. Sometimes closer origin/destination pairs require more miles than further pairs mainly because of the demand and load for a given route.
Below is the list of changes, with the addition of how much the old redemption rates are. These rate changes are all coach redemption rates. It is based on availability and as it reduces, rates go up so you need to search specific dates and origin/destination pairs to find out the real award rates.
From March 01st 2016 , redemption fares for flights with Avianca will change, which includes reductions and increases, as shown in the following table:
|Origin||Destination||Old Redemption Fare||New Redemption Fare1|
|Miami FL||Guatemala, San Salvador, San Pedro Sula, Tegucigalpa and Managua||28||25|
|Orlando FL||San Salvador and San Jose||28||25|
|Washington D.C., Nueva York and Toronto||San Salvador||36||35|
|Orlando FL||Bogota and Medellín||33||30|
|Mexico D.F.||San Salvador, San Pedro Sula, Managua and San Jose||25||28|
|New York||San Pedro Sula and Tegucigalpa||30||35|
|Mexico D.F.||Medellín and San Andres||20||25|
|Mexico D.F.||Guayaquil and Quito||25||28|
|Miami FL||Asuncion and Santa Cruz||40||50|
|Notes:||1. The amount of miles represent round trip tickets.|
Terms and Conditions
- The table shown above should be used as an illustrative example only; it’s intention is to summarize the amount of miles that will be required per region for the “X” class in economy cabin. The amount of miles required for a ticket redemption is calculated based on a specific origin and destination and it might happen that they do not match the amount of miles shown on the table above, the number could be higher.
- The amount of miles required could vary depending on the date, route and redemption product.
- To know the exact amount of required miles for each origin and destination, it will be necessary to consult the miles amount through the redemption system at //www.lifemiles.com/eng/use/red/dynredpar.aspx
- The amounts listed by the redemption system shall prevail over those shown on the table above.
- LifeMiles is a trademark of LifeMiles B.V.
- LifeMiles Terms and Conditions apply and can be found at LifeMiles.com