It looks like Avianca LifeMiles will soon launch another credit card here in the U.S. If you haven’t heard, US Bank is pulling the plug on the Avianca LifeMiles Visa card, in the coming days, and converting those to its own FlexPerks program. The relaunch of a LifeMiles credit card is good news for a lot of people, who love the LifeMiles programs, for its easy use of miles on Star Alliance partners, such as Lufthansa, and Singapore Airlines.
Currently, there isn’t a whole of information as to which bank will be the issuer of the card, but they did mention a welcome bonus of up 60,000 LifeMiles! That’s way more than what US Bank offered on the card before. It also does state the welcome bonus depends on your spend and use of the previous card, so that will be interesting what they consider a heavy spender. Personally, I didn’t use the card much, other than to meet the minimum spend, and then some, so I’m wondering how much they will offer me for the welcome bonus. Here are the details of the new perks from the email:
- Welcome Bonus of up to LM60.000 for purchases made within the first 90 days*
- LM3 for every dollar spent on Avianca purchases
- LM2 for every dollar spent at gas stations and grocery stores
- LM1 for every dollar spent on all other purchases
- Two 50% discounts on award tickets redeemed for travel to Central America or Colombia from the United States
- Free additional bag for travel between the United States and Central America
- No foreign transaction fees
- 15% discount on purchases of miles with Multiply Your Miles
I’m excited about this news, because I do value LifeMiles still, even after they devalued them somewhat. It’s easy to book flights on other carriers, as long as availability is there, and the fees are a lot less than United’s last minute award bookings. I probably will apply for this card when it becomes available.