If you’re a workout fanatic, this hotel might be for you! InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) wants to help you maintain your workout routine while you’re on the road. IHG (parent of Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza & InterContinental hotels) announced this new hotel brand, to be named EVEN, which will be aimed at travelers who want to work out and eat healthy while traveling.
EVEN hotels will be the first dedicated hotel brand to focus solely on health and fitness. They will spend $150 million to get EVEN up and running (get it…up and “running”…ha!) with 100 hotels in US within 5 years.
According to IHG, the hotels will be designed around four themes- exercise, eat, work and rest.
- Rooms will be designed for in-room workouts and will include amenities such as a coat rack that doubles as a pull-up bar.
- The fitness center will offer state-of-the-art equipment and group exercise activities
- There will be on-site guest services to offer personalized advice on fitness options
- Their Marketplace will offer nutritionally designed menus with mini-smoothies in the morning.
- Rooms will be equipped with high speed Wi-Fi, multimedia ports, ample outlets & desk space, hypoallergenic linens, powerful shower-heads, natural lighting, and antibacterial wipes.