I’ve never actually met The Cynical Traveler (fellow BA Blogger) but I feel like in my last few posts I have been channeling his name and might call myself VeryCynicalPoints for a few days 🙂
In case you missed the other 25 tweets and 10 blog posts about the Star MegaDo 4 – pre-sales are now open (apparently). This blog post, has nothing to do with that, so if you want more info check out these posts from View From The Wing, Mommy Points, HackMyTrip, or any of the other dozen bloggers who are posting as I type. (See, I said Cynical.)
This post, my readers, is about give-a-way number 5 – the final give-a-way of this promotion – and it’s a good prize! (Actually, it’s an awesome prize in my opinion!)
So here it is…what you’ve all been waiting for…the BIG announcement – I’m giving away 10k Starpoints! Yes, you
heard read that right. ten thousand (10K) Starpoints. And that’s not all! In addition to the grand prize of 10k Starpoints, I will also be giving out several other prizes including: a $50 iTunes Gift Card, a Tumi Travel Kit (value: $39) and three (3) $10 iTunes Gift cards. That’s six total prizes – it’s like a prize-a-palooza!
Now, here’s how you enter (please read the official rules to ensure you are eligible):
The deadline to enter has now passed. Winner to be announced July 4th.
You may enter by submitting a photo (keep reading beyond the photo to see how to submit it) with 3 words that describe what travel means to you. Be creative! Here’s an example, meet MickeyMoore – submitted by @JohnMooreNow – and the inspiration for this contest. MikeyMoore is a million miler, having flown more than a million miles on United and apparently has a secret service file! I’m sure MickeyMoore would apply for the Trusted Traveler program if he could – I’m just not sure how the fingerprinting would work out! Make sure you check out the gallery of photos at the bottom of the page with all the great entries!
You may submit your photos on VeryGoodPoints Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/verygoodpoints). If you are unable to post on Facebook, please read the official rules at the bottom of the page for alternate methods to enter. Please read the official rules to ensure you are eligible.
So, what can 10k Starpoints get you? A lot!
- You could book up to 5 weekend nights at a category 1 hotel
- You could book up to 3 weekday nights at a category 1 hotel
- You could book up to 2 weekday nights at a category 2 hotel
- You could book 1 night at a category 3 or 4 hotel
- You could book a room upgrade at a category 4 hotel for up to 10 nights (depending on redemption rate)
- You could book a 1 night suite upgrade at a category 4 hotel
Are there decent Category 1, 2, 3 and 4 hotels? Absolutely
Here are just a few
- Le Meridien Dead Sea
- The Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
- Aloft Chapel Hill
- Sheraton Cleveland Airport
- Sheraton Suites Elk Grove IL (I’m staying there in October!)
- Sheraton Garden Grove (super for a family vacation!)
- Sheraton Lake Buena Vista (another great vacation hotel)
- Le Meridien Vilnius
- Sheraton Fueteventura Beach (Canary Isle)
- Le Meridien Angkor Cambodia (I’ll be there in Dec!)
- Sheraton Royal Orchid Bangkok (stayed around 25 nights here and love it! Great value!)
- Sheraton Laval Quebec
- Le Meridien Versailles Quebec
- The Westin Resort & Spa Cancun
- Sheraton Anaheim – (Disney vacation anyone?)
- The Westin Book Cadillac Detroit
- Westin Lake Las Vegas
- Westin LAX (perfect overnight hotel after a long flight!)
- W Silicon Valley
- The Westin Tampa Harbor Island
- Le Meridien Budapest
- Hotel Elephant Weimer (okay, I just wanted to say that…no idea if it’s good)
- Le Royal Mansour Meridien Morocco
- Westin Fiji (loved it)
- The Westin Macau (there in 2 weeks!)
- Le Meridien Bangkok (one of the best Cat 3s out there!)
- Le Meridien Khao Lak (love, love love!)
- Le Meridien King Edward (awesome hotel)
- W Atlanta Mid-town
- W Atlanta Buckhead (love the W)
- The Westin Austin at the Domain
- Walt Disney World Swan & Dolphin (my go to Disney hotels)
- The W New Orleans
- Royal Meridien Hamburg Germany
- Le Meridien Eilat Israel
- Sheraton Fiji (very nice!)
- Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit (another great Thailand hotel)
- Le Meridien Phuket
There are plenty of options to use 10k points or just add them to your balance for that dream vacation! And you’ll love the Tumi gear and iTunes gift cards for the long summer ahead!
Deadline to enter is July 3rd 2012 at 11pm PST
Enter by submitting your photo on //www.facebook.com/verygoodpoints & good luck!
- By entering, you are giving me permission to re-post your photo on this blog and on Facebook.
- You must be a resident of the United States of America – I am unable to administer contests in other countries. (sorry, it’s not my rule, it’s your country’s rule! Complain to your government, not me.)
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You may enter up to 3 original photos during the contest period. To enter, you must post your photo on VeryGoodPoints Facebook Page (www.facebook.com/verygoodpoints). If you are unable to post on Facebook, you may also email your photo to [email protected] In the event that you are not able to submit a photo, you may comment on this post, and only this post with the 3 words that describe what travel means to you (because this site employs strict spam filters, if you enter three comments, they must be unique. So for example, you could post “#1 Love, Live, Laugh” , “#2 Love, Live, Laugh”, “#3 Love, Live Laugh” but you may not enter “Love, Live, Laugh” three times or it will be caught by the spam filter.
- Contest ends at 11pm PST July 3rd 2012 – all entries submitted after that time will not be eligible .
- You must be a member of Starwood Preferred Guest for a minimum of fourteen days before being able to receive Starpoints
- You may register for free to become a member of of Starwood Preferred Guest and you can register on the same day that you claim your prize if you’re not a member (your points will just post 14+ days later)
- A Starwood Preferred Guest account may receive up to a maximum of 20,000 Starpoints per account per calendar year, whether purchased by the member or received as a gift from another member or source. If you have already purchased or received 10,000 points or more this year, you are not eligible (sorry, Starwood’s rule, not mine)
- Starpoints you purchase do not count towards preferred status
- The judges for this contest are not eligible to enter and neither are their immediate family members (so if you’re a blood relative of mine, you can’t enter, sorry!)
- By entering, you hereby grant VeryGoodPoints a limited, non-revocable worldwide license to publicly display an original image submitted by you. VeryGoodPoints will not edit, modify, revise, creative derivative works or otherwise alter image but does reserve the right not to publish images that are not royalty-free, are not original content, contain profanity or contents that are offensive or contain graphic images of any type. Submitter acknowleges that third parties may pin, share or re-post the Content from VeryGoodPoints. VeryGoodPoints is not responsible for the re-posting, pinning or sharing by 3rd parties.