We’ve all had those “oh s*%t” moments! This week I was following fellow travel blogger, Just Another Points Traveler and her dad’s travel woes unfold. Like all of us, he made an honest mistake – his flight was at 1:30am and when he showed up at the airport that night for check-in he realized that this flight departed that morning, at 1:30am. I’ve come close to doing that a few times!
On one of my first major international trips, I flew from Bangkok to Switzerland. My flight left Bangkok on December 9th just shortly after midnight. I didn’t really pay enough attention to the ticketing information and booked a hotel in Zurich for Dec 10 arrival. Little did I realize, I would land in Zurich on December 9th the same day I departed Bangkok. Luckily for me, the Marriott I where I was staying in Zurich had rooms available and gave me the same rate that I booked for the remaining days.
I’ve had those moments created for me when others have booked my travel. I had someone in a corporate travel department, who had very little international experience, book a connection through the UK. The only problem was that one flight landed at LHR and the other departed from LGW and there was only a 2 hour connection window. Luckily for me I caught that one before the final ticket was booked! That would have been a nightmare.
What was your biggest travel “oh s*%t” moment? Enter to win a $50 iTunes gift card.
To enter leave a comment on this blog post with your biggest travel “oh s*%t” moment. You may leave one comment per day.
- You may leave a maximum of one comment per day
- Deadline to enter – 11:59pm EST Tuesday August 28th.
- You must be 18 years of age to enter
- You must be a US citizen (I am unable to administer contests in foreign countries)
- The winner will be posted on this site – www.verygoodpoints.com – after the contest closes. The winner must claim their prize within 10 business days or the prize is forfeited.
VeryGoodPoints has no affiliation with iTunes