Contest Now Closed
The winner of the week 2 give-away (20k Starwood Points) is Samuel G here’s his story:
I would select prize number two. Five years ago I got engaged to a wonderful woman named Hau (which means Wish in Vietnamese.) She accepted my teenage daughter as if she were her own. My daughter loved her so much, like a mother, and wanted to learn everything she could about Hau’s culture and customs. A year before our wedding Hau was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer and it progressed very quickly. She died 4 months before we were supposed to get married. Now it’s just me and my daughter. Hau and I never got to share our cultures with our daughter.
I would select trip #2 so that I could take my daughter on a tour to discover her heritage, including her would have been mom, Hau’s, heritage because she never stopped loving her.
I would fly on US Airways and would go to Germany, Vietnam and Thailand. I would go to Germany on Lufthansa so my daughter could learn about my past. I would then fly on Thai Airways to Bangkok so that my daughter could see the place that Hau and I met. I would then take a cheap flight to Vietnam on a low fare carrier so that we could explore Hau’s heritage together. I would fly back from Bangkok to the US on Thai Air.
This would be the trip of a lifetime and a dream come true.
Congratulations to Samuel G!
What’s your Yolo? For that matter, what’s a Yolo? A Yolo (you only live once) is the new bucket list. If you win a prize during my 1 year, 1 million point give-away you could certainly cross an item – or a few – off your Yolo List!
To enter to win this week’s give-away for 50,000 Hyatt Gold Passport points and your chance at the grand prize give-away simply follow the instructions below!
After 1 year of blogging on BoardingArea I’ve had the opportunity to interact with some amazing people. Many of those people have amazing dreams and by giving away 1 million points I hope I can make a few of those dreams come true.
There are two grand prizes 1) 300,000 Delta Sky Miles & 200,000 Hilton Honors Points and 2) 240,000 US Airways Dividend Miles, 100,000 Marriott Rewards Points & 50,000 Hyatt Gold Passport Points. To enter, leave a comment on this blog post or on facebook telling me
- Tell me which grand prize you’d like to win
- Where you would go & why you would go there
- What airline you’d fly
- And where you would stay (hint: don’t pick prize #1 and tell me you’d stay at a Marriott since the prize only offers Hilton Honors points.)
Be creative, be unique, and be thoughtful!
- Entry: Leave a comment on this blog post OR on facebook. You may enter on both this blog post and on facebook, however it will not increase your odds of winning since the winner will be selected based upon creativity, uniqueness and thoughtfulness of their answer.
- Promotion Period: The week 2 contest runs from October 8th – 15, 2012 and ends at 8pm ET on October 15th. Any entry posted after that period will be disqualified. The entire promotion period runs from October 1 at 12:01 am ET through October 28th 2012 at 8:00 pm ET.
- Eligibility: To enter, you must be a legal resident of the United States (void in Rhode Island & Puerto Rico) Canada (void in Quebec) Great Britain, Ireland (void in Northern Ireland) or Thailand. You must be 21 years of age or older to enter. Void where prohibited by state, federal, country or other local laws. The immediate family members of VeryGoodPoints(VGP), the judges, and the immediate family of the judges are not eligible to win.
- Prizes: Limit of one weekly prize per household or per person for the entire promotion period. Weekly prize winners are eligible to win 1 of the grand prize awards. Recipients will be responsible for taxes where applicable. The odds of winning are dependent on the number of entries. There is no cash value of the prizes. There are three valid methods of entry Twitter, Facebook and this blog – please refer to each weekly prize post to determine the valid methods each week. You are not required to enter on all three.
- Winner Selection: Entries will be judged by a panel of three judges. Winner not selected for a weekly prize will be eligible for the grand prize. Winners will not be selected at random – rather, the winner will be selected based on creativity, uniqueness and thoughtfulness.
- Winner Notification: Once notified, the recipient will have 10 business days from the date of notification to claim the prize. Prizes may be claimed by emailing email@example.com. If the prize is not claimed within 10 business days after notification, the recipient forfeits the prize. The winner will be announced on this blog (www.verygoodpoints.com)
- Other Conditions: No purchase necessary to win. Recipient must have a valid rewards account to accept the prize. It is free to join the Starwood Preferred Guest, Delta Sky Miles, Hilton Honors, Marriott Rewards, Hyatt Rewards and US Airways Dividend Miles Programs. Please read the terms and conditions of each rewards program to determine what constitutes a valid account. VeryGoodPoints is not affiliated with Starwood, Delta, Hilton, USAirways, Marriott or Hyatt or any of their subsidiaries. This promotion is in no way sponsored or administered by Facebook, Twitter, Starwood, Delta, Hilton, USAirways, Marriott or Hyatt or any of their subsidiaries. By posting a picture on VGP website you grant the rights to republish that picture on this website.
- Privacy: Information collected from participants (name & email address) is only used for the purpose of determining eligibility and awarding the prize(s) and will not be re-used, sold or shared in any manner.