It’s time to start thinking about what to get for the Road Warrior in your life this holiday season. I think Road Warriors can be especially challenging to shop for because they’re not home frequently enough to enjoy things for the home/kitchen, they eat out all the time so restaurant gift certificates may not appeal to them, they have very specific tastes when it comes to travel – so if you buy a travel related gift, you better know what they want! If I get another neck pillow and eye mask I might scream!
So what do you get that person who spends more nights in hotels and in the air than at home?
Gift Certificates –
- Gift Certificates that can be redeemed online (while they’re traveling) are very appreciated. I like iTunes gift cards myself since I download a lot of TV shows and movies while I’m overseas
- Generic Gift Certificates such as an Amex Gift Card or Visa Gift Card that can be used anywhere for anything. It may seem impersonal, but for a Road Warrior it’s definitely something that will be used and appreciated.
- If the Road Warrior has a favorite hotel brand, look for a brand specific gift card. You know they’ll use it! Hilton offers a card through Amex and Marriott offers their own gift card. Now, if only Starwood would bring back their gift cards!
- Housekeeping gift certificate. I would love to get a gift certificate for a house cleaning since that’s the last thing I want to do when I come home! If you know the person has a regular housekeeper, contact them. If not, look for a service in the area.
- Travel accessories are nice gifts – if you know it’s something the person wants or needs. Don’t get them a neck pillow because you think every traveler needs a neck pillow. They likely have 3 already! Try to find unique travel accessories.
- Small photo books – I love having a small photo book with me that contains pictures of my family. It’s easy to pack and provides a reminder of great memories when you’re on the road.
- iPad, iPhone, iPod accessories – if your road warrior is a techie you can always look for cool new accessories for their iWhatever! Someone got me a cable that connects my iPad to the TV and I’ve recently found many more hotels providing TVs that will allow you to connect. This way I don’t have to look at my small screen, I can project right onto the big screen TV!
Are you a road warrior? What would you like to get?
Q: Are you a road warrior? What would you like to get?
A: An all expense paid trip home for a week 🙂
Perfect gift is a USB Battery backup. I love mine and don’t go anywhere without it.
I think the key is knowing what they already have so you know what not to get. I don’t need noise canceling headphones, power adapter, eye mask. The gift certificate idea sounds good to me!
AA gift cards from costco
Give them miles or points to favorite program
Time Zone watch
itunes gift card
GOGO or related service
Airline lounge membership (if not already elite enough or have that already)
Nice noise canceling headphones (if they don’t have already)