It’s time to start thinking about what to get for the Road Warrior in your life this holiday season. I think Road Warriors can be especially challenging to shop for because they’re not home frequently enough to enjoy things for the home/kitchen, they eat out all the time so restaurant gift certificates may not appeal to them, they have very specific tastes when it comes to travel – so if you buy a travel related gift, you better know what they want! If I get another neck pillow and eye mask I might scream!
So what do you get that person who spends more nights in hotels and in the air than at home?
Gift Certificates –
- Gift Certificates that can be redeemed online (while they’re traveling) are very appreciated. I like iTunes gift cards myself since I download a lot of TV shows and movies while I’m overseas
- Generic Gift Certificates such as an Amex Gift Card or Visa Gift Card that can be used anywhere for anything. It may seem impersonal, but for a Road Warrior it’s definitely something that will be used and appreciated.
- If the Road Warrior has a favorite hotel brand, look for a brand specific gift card. You know they’ll use it! Hilton offers a card through Amex and Marriott offers their own gift card. Now, if only Starwood would bring back their gift cards!
- Housekeeping gift certificate. I would love to get a gift certificate for a house cleaning since that’s the last thing I want to do when I come home! If you know the person has a regular housekeeper, contact them. If not, look for a service in the area.
- Travel accessories are nice gifts – if you know it’s something the person wants or needs. Don’t get them a neck pillow because you think every traveler needs a neck pillow. They likely have 3 already! Try to find unique travel accessories.
- Small photo books – I love having a small photo book with me that contains pictures of my family. It’s easy to pack and provides a reminder of great memories when you’re on the road.
- iPad, iPhone, iPod accessories – if your road warrior is a techie you can always look for cool new accessories for their iWhatever! Someone got me a cable that connects my iPad to the TV and I’ve recently found many more hotels providing TVs that will allow you to connect. This way I don’t have to look at my small screen, I can project right onto the big screen TV!
Are you a road warrior? What would you like to get?