disclaimer do this at your own risk. i’ve never gotten electrocuted, but i don’t assume any responsibility if that happens to you, or if you cause any damage to whatever your plugging in or your building’s wiring! make sure whatever you’re plugging in can handle the higher voltage (220-240 V). British plugs are ginorm because they have fuses in them, so beware because now your connection has well, no safety (which i suppose is true for anything foreign you plug in). but yeah, i’ve done this countless times.
if you have a two-pronged European plug and find yourself in the UK or another country that uses Type G outlets, you don’t need an adapter! just stick a key or something into the ground (the sole vertical opening) to open the shutters and plug away!
i got this European phone charger (USB plug) a while back and it’s one of the most handy things ever.