Trip Report: Everything You Need To Know About Mexico City
- Introduction to Mexico City
- W Mexico City Hotel Review
- Sheraton Maria Isabel Hotel & Towers Review
- Le Meridien Mexico City Hotel Review
- Is Mexico City Safe for Tourists?
- The Sights And Sounds of Mexico City
- Scam City: Mexico City Edition
- The Various Eats in Mexico City
- Amex Centurion Travel Lounge in MEX
After hearing news about the Delta Skymiles devaluation, I decided to blow the last of my Skymiles balance which was sitting below 39k. I was looking for possible last minute trips and you know how hard it is to use 25,000 Skymiles for a roundtrip anywhere in North America. So, I expanded my horizons and decided to search for roundtrips from LAX to South of the border. I decided to use 35,000 Skymiles to MEX on coach operated by Alaska Airlines. I quickly ticketed the award and proceeded to call Delta so I could get my Alaska Airlines confirmation number.
Once I had my Alaska Airlines confirmation number, I can then add my American Airlines Executive Platinum number to the reservation. One advantage of that is so that I could choose the coveted bulkhead and exit row seating. I chose an exit seat for the outbound and a bulkhead aisle for the return flight.
I’m not reviewing my coach flights from LAX-MEX on Alaska Airlines, but I will have to say that their chicken tamales served onboard with salsa are pretty delicious!